Today I went down to the Sunflower Farmer's Market in Orem. If you haven't been there and you're picturing an outdoor market, it's really more like a health food/grocery store. (It's not like we're in LA and can have an outdoor market year round.) I just love that place! Apparently, on Wednesdays, they have "double ad day" where the ad from the previous week and the current week are both in effect. It was CRAZY. (One woman actually put her green beans in my cart and started walking away with it because she wasn't really paying attention- Not usually a big problem, except Bethany was in it- The lady was really embarrassed and we had a good laugh about it.)
Some highlights of my good deals are:
Asparagus: 1 lb/ 88cents
Cantaloupe: $1.00
Green leaf lettuce: 77 cents
Red Grapes: 88 cents/lb
Everything I've ever gotten there has been exceptionally good too. About a month ago, we got the best blueberries and blackberries for 88 cents/container. Anyway, just wanted to share my tasty find.
2 comments:
That is sooo awesome. My sister in-law was telling me about that place. Food is so much more expensive out here. You'd think we'd get a lot from Florida but it seems that everything is shipped from the west. Go figure.
I'm so glad to hear you liked it! have been wanting to go and check it out. I always look at their ads but never make it. I NEED to go there!
Post a Comment