Saturday, August 29, 2009

Talking Politics

Okay, I don't really like to get into politics on my blog, but I heard this quote the other day and really wanted to share it. It totally sums up my conservative viewpoint and is the reason why I'm so scared of the current government's attempt to take over everything and create a "cradle to the grave society" where hard work isn't rewarded, but laziness and dependence on the government is.


"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Adrian Rogers (1931-2005)

5 comments:

Tiffany Wilson said...

Nicely done. I'm also a little reticent about getting too political and sometimes the conservative pundits are a bit too much for me. So, I really liked the way your views were understated, yet well stated.

Tara said...

Woo hoo! Bravo, bravo... haha, jk but I couldn't agree more. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and you're right, that quote hits it right on the money! I joke to Justin sometimes... if only we were unemployed.. free paycheck, free health insurance, free food.. now that's the life. Not that I think the government should just dump on people who REALLY need/deserve help, but our system is just plain ridiculous.

Pattie said...

Amen! Well said....and completely true.

browneyedgirl said...

What a great quote!

Jessica G. said...

Amen, sister.
I avoid discussing politics almost as much as I avoid my treadmill.