Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Jer!

Since today is Jermie's 32nd birthday, I thought I'd list 32 things that I love about my hubbie.  Here goes:

1. He takes out the trash even when it's cold and snowy outside.
2. He plays with the boys nonstop when he walks in the door.
3. When he does or says something funny and I ask him to do it again he always does.
4. He never complains that our house is messy (even when it is!)
5. He eats everything I cook without complaining (even if it's not good).
6. He hardly ever spends money without talking to me first.
7. He's kind of like a little old man in some ways- He loves model trains and loves to talk trains with all the old retired guys at the conventions.
8. He is dedicated & ambitious.  When he wants to accomplish something, he goes for it until he achieves it.
9. He is a good cook. 
10. He makes pancakes, waffles and ableskevers for the boys on Saturday mornings.
11. He never complains about getting up early (He leaves for work around 6:00)
12. He helps me see the big picture about things instead of focusing on the insignificant details.
13. He watches my TV shows even though I won't watch his.  (ex. He'll watch America's Next Top Model with me even though I won't watch Antiques Roadshow with him.)
14. He is fascinated with history and can watch a documentary on just about anything.
15. He lets me go to the grocery store by myself (i.e. no kids screaming and running around).
16. He lifts Jacob into the top bunk after he's fallen asleep somewhere else.
17. He is handy and can fix things around the house.
18. He loves woodworking and built us a beautiful entertainment center and dresser.
19. He spent an entire summer tearing apart and refinishing his great grandmother's piano.  Now we have a nice piano in our home.
20. He is a great father and really cares about what our kids are doing and learning.
21. He never complains if I spend too much money on something.
22. He trusts me with so many things.
23. He lets me take baths at night and doesn't let the kids bug me when I do.
24. He works hard to support our family.
25. He teaches great family night lessons even with no prep time.
26. He loves his calling in the nursery even though I thought it would make him crazy.
27. He is patient.
28. He loves doing family history and learning about his ancestors.
29. He is okay with never having a dog (since I hate them!)
30. He encourages me to pursue my hobbies and talents.
31. He believes in me more than I often believe in myself.
32. He's super cute!


4 comments:

Pattie said...

Happy Birthday to Jermie! I love that he watches Americas Top Model! Don't think I could ever convince Mike to watch any of "my" shows with me.

Jessica G. said...

Happy Birthday, neighbor! Hope you have a good one.

(And Q watches ANTM with me, too.)

Marva said...

Happy birthday Jermie.That is so fun. That is so awesome that you have a husband you can list 32 great things about. So cute!!

leadatortilla said...

Happy B-day Jermie! I love your post Amber - it was fun to get to know him better through your eyes. I hope it was a great weekend and I look forward to seeing you next week!