Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome to Hogwarts!

Jacob's Harry Potter Birthday Party was a big hit. A sign on the door welcomed all the little wizards to Hogwarts (I worked very hard coloring and cutting the crest, so I had to get a good pic).


He had a "Monster Book of Monsters" cake made by my amazingly talented friend.


Professor Dumbledore set up all of his potions at the house.


Oh no! The Monster Book ate a book and shredded it on the table!

"Polyjuice Potion"


Professor Dumbledore showed up to the party (I have connections, people!)


"Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans" (watch out for the booger flavored ones!)


Professor Dumbledore trained the young wizards in potion making.


And last, but not least, the cake had a little surprise in store for us. Cool, right??


7 comments:

Shells said...

That turned out so cool. Looks like a lot of work, but I the kids had fun.

leadatortilla said...

That cake and party looked AMAZING!! I'm still bummed that Hunter missed so much - I'm so sorry. Thanks for including him and can you believe they are 7?!?!?! PS the lunch box story is great... I'm surprised Hunter hasn't figured out the breakfast thing yet!

AmShaZam said...

Oh my gosh! That looks amazing! Nice job.

Pedersen Family said...

VERY well done. Lydia had a blast!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Whoa! Very cool party! If my kids are ever into Harry Potter, I will know who to copy!

The Arnold Family said...

Looks like a fun party! I love the invitations!! You guys are so creative.

Emily Petty said...

Wow - what a cool cake! I was inspired by your invitations to actually be "crafty" and just finished little barn invites for my son's 2 yr old party. They took forever - but they look cute!