One of my favorite summertime traditions is going to Huck Finn Day as part of Pleasant Grove's Strawberry Days. I've gone every year that I've lived here and we love it! They have face painting, a cakewalk (with doughnuts as prizes), inflatables, fishing game, a real fishing pond, and other carnival games. The weather was perfect this year which was nice because it's usually blazing hot!
I couldn't believe Bethany sat still enough to get her face painted.
Kyle's face painter was like 10 years old. She did her best spider and Kyle was thrilled with it.
Kyle and Lydia posing with their faces painted (I didn't realize Ali was posing too or else I would have centered the picture better!)
The kids playing in the "fishing pond." They stock it with real fish and in past years, they've had kids fish with poles until the last 30 minutes or so when they let them run in and try to catch fish with their bare hands (eww!) but this year they just let the kids run in the whole time.
Jacob tried really hard to catch a fish. He borrowed a net from someone and told me later that he did catch a fish but he let it go. (I can't say I was disappointed)
No comments:
Post a Comment