Monday, June 1, 2009

Spontaneity is not dead

Typically, if a spontaneous thought crosses my mind, I dismiss it right away and move on to much more practical, productive things. Every once in a while, I act upon a spontaneous thought, although this is rare. Tonight was one of those instances. I was standing by my in-laws pool and my father in law and brother in law were teasing me saying they were going to throw me in. I had a thought cross my mind- "What if I just jumped in the pool? Wouldn't that be crazy?" Before I could talk myself out of it, I was midair (too late to change my mind). So, I jumped in a pool fully clothed- when's the last time you did that?

5 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Cool Amber!

Unknown said...

As a witness to this spontaneous event, I was blown away that a mom in jeans can still connect with her inner kid. I think we all forget how to do that sometimes. (this is Kashia by the way, not Jeff)

Tara said...

hahaha! that gave me a good laugh. were your kids there? they must have thought you were super cool.

Pattie said...

Mike has some uncles who religiously throw people in the pool, clothed. Makes sense if it's immenent to just jump on it on your own. Did you have shoes on, too?

Amber said...

I did slip my flip flops off before I jumped in. I also checked my pockets to make sure my phone wasn't in there. My kids did think it was pretty cool.