Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why I ate cookie dough for lunch.

Okay- Let me preface this by saying that I very rarely make cookies because I LOVE cookie dough.  It is too big a temptation for me, so I just usually stay away from it all together.  But, today I was taking dinner to a friend and decided to make some cookies for dessert.  Things were going great- I'd gotten a batch in the oven and hadn't eaten a speck of cookie dough.  Then this happened:


 While I was pulling one of the sheets of cookies out of the oven, I fumbled and the whole pan went down.  It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but the gooey mess is not only on the floor but also all over the oven (which of course is still on).  So, I turned the oven off to get it cool enough to wipe out, then cleaned up the mess on the floor.  It was at this point I decided that I was going to eat cookie dough for lunch.  Let me tell you, it tasted good- Until about 20 minutes later (and as I write this) when I felt like a bloated pig!  (PS I didn't eat the cookies off the floor- My floor is definitely not clean enough!)  I think I'll go eat some carrots...

5 comments:

Jessica G. said...

As much as I know it sucked for this to happen to you...I gotta say, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has accidentally dumped an entire pan of cookies all over!

The Hinckley's said...

That is hillarious! I have to spread out my cookie making for pretty much the same reason. I could eat a whole pan without blinking...Derek on the other hand is satisfied with just one cookie per day. And he wonders why I only make them to give away.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry that happened. It sounds like something I would do. But I don't like the dough - I like the cookies, as you know!
Did Jacob laugh non-stop at you?

Unknown said...

Amber...that story makes me laugh! Um...I think your floor is sooo clean enough to eat the cookies of the floor! Thank you for your sweet comment! I love your blog...and had a great time on Thursday! I'm glad Brody's starting to make some friends...me too!

Luv2run said...

I love eating cookie dough too. I have to watch myself not to eat to much when I make cookies also.